International Festival 2016
Dear SLAS families,
The end of the school year is approaching fast and it’s time for our 2016 SLAS International Festival!
Please join us this Sunday, May 22nd for our annual International Festival. We will open the gates at 12 PM for students and parents to join us for a day of fun games, entertainment, activities, informative country booths, booths to demonstrate our core values, and lots of delicious food! The event will be finished at 4:00 PM. All Students will sign in at the designated sign-in tables just inside the main gate. There will be a large picnic area on the track at the back of the soccer field. Please bring a blanket and chairs if you like!
We will have games and performances by our students. Food will be sold by our PTSA and our vendors Blue Frog, Pizza Hut, Mexico Lindo, Fountain Bistro, Tandor, JE Coffee, Coldstone, and Mexico Lindo. Information on the performances is attached with this letter. We are looking forward to your attendance as this will be a chance for you to socialize with teachers and other families. All families are strongly encouraged to attend. This event counts as a regular school day, students not present will be marked absent.
All SLAS Students are being given a special event T-shirt designed by our 7th Grader, Nathan Hung. This shirt was made possible by Delta Airlines and the parents of our G12 student Connie Yang. All students should wear this t-shirt during the event.
All parents and families should submit the liability waiver form to their homeroom teacher by Wednesday May 18. As parents and students enter the front gate, please wear your parent and student badge. Those who forget their badge will have to wait and go through a check in process to verify you are actual members of the SLAS community. WE will be placing a SLAS Sticker on parents, visitors, and students not wearing the event t-shirt. Once you enter the school grounds, it is not necessary to wear your badge. Families may bring guests but they will need to sign the liability waiver at the front gate prior to admittance to our school event.
We will be taking photos for our new Parent ID Badges during the event. Please visit to Badge Photo Booth just inside the main gate to take your photo or bring your own passport photo to submit at the booth.
The PTSA has worked hard to make this event possible. They would like to inform you of PTSA’s responsibilities:
- Drinks – PTSA will be selling cold drinks
- Food Kiosks – PTSA will be selling a lot of different foods and baked items. Each community is preparing a variety of delicious foods to sell during the event!
- LUCKY DRAW –iPads, iWatches, laptops, electric scooters, cosmetic packages, and many more prizes are available. Pre-Sale Tickets are on sale Friday, May 20th during lunch time at 5 for 100 RMB and will be on sale during the event at 4 for 100RMB. Odds of winning are great and the money will benefit our PTSA!
- Garage SALE – This year there are many great second-hand items to buy. There are sure to be useful and interesting items!
We are excited to offer the following vendors for parents and staff to visit during the Festival: Delta Airlines, Dell, American Medical Center, American Sino Hospital, Fields China, Malo Clinic, Shanghai Corris Optical, Eperlife, Aquars, Parkway Medical, United Family Hospital, Bank of Sino / Fubon, Table Life, Jia Table, Mandarin Spring, Mavi Chocolate, Euro Eyes, Delta Health, Sweet Everafter and Renaud Air. In addition to these great vendors, we will also have booths for students to play games, learn about countries from around the world, core values, as well as our special elective booths by the music and art departments. The Pottery Booth will be selling creative works by our students and the Primary Art classes will hold a silent auction of several collaborative paintings! Also, we will be selling previous edition K-12 texts books from all subjects.
In the event of rain we have three alternative dates of May 22, May 28, or May 29. In the event of rain we will inform everyone via Gradelink and Wechat by the morning of Friday, May 20.
We ask all families to remember that SLAS is a non-smoking campus. Please do not smoke on the campus. If you need to smoke, please go to the front or back gate and smoke off campus.
Search our website:
- 12 May 2022SLAS: Family BondingTo our SLAS Community, There’s no doubt this has been a challenging period of time for everyone. For some, in ways we could have never imagined. This...
- 10 May 2022SLAS: Cooking at Home!It’s been online learning for Wildcats in Shanghai since March! Let’s check out what our resident Chef, Mr. Darrell, has been whipping up...
- 04 Mar 2022SLAS: Peek into World History Debates!Can people of various religions and cultures coexist in a country side-by-side peacefully or do multiculturalism and religious freedom hinder stable d...