09 May 2016
Monday, May 9, 2016
High School art class spent the day at the YUZ museum to see a retrospective of the artist Alberto Giamcometti’s work. The retrospective is the largest collection of his work ever assembled and the first time to be seen in China. The class saw how his work evolved through time and even saw some work done when he was a teenager!
Highlights of the trip were seeing his famous “walking man” sculpture, learning about his obsession with “heads” and having the opportunity to create clay sculptures under the guidance of a YUZ museum educator. This trip was completely funded by sales of the amazing Christmas cards designed and printed by the students this year.
- 02 Jun 2023SLAS: International Festival Recap!
- 20 May 2023SLAS: Spring Concerts
- 18 May 2023SLAS: 2023 Secondary Concerts!
- 12 May 2023SLAS: Grade 4 Wildcats Track Meet!
Shanghai Livingston American School
- 580 Ganxi Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China 200335
- +86 (21) 5218-8575
- +86 (21) 5218-0390
- Find us on the map