Shanghai Livingston American School
the 2018 Annual Halloween Event
Dear SLAS Parents,
At SLAS, we will be hosting our annual Halloween celebration with our Early Years and Primary classes on October 31st. We invite parents to join us in celebrating Halloween, a special American holiday for students and adults alike. Halloween gives us an opportunity to be creative and dress up as our favorite super heroes, scary monsters or favorite movie character. We will award prizes for many different categories to both students and adults. Secondary students who dress up in a real costume will be rewarded with 2 hours of community service. Secondary students may also assist early years and primary years teacher to create their games to earn more community service hours. Students interested should speak with Ms. Victoria Atha to receive teacher assignment. We hope you take part in the event and dress up as well. Following the parade and announcements of winners for the costumes, we will play games and go Trick o’ Treating.
- Students will need help playing the games and traveling to the different classes for candy.
- Students should arrive to school in their costumes.
- The parade around the track will begin at 9:30 AM.
- Early Years and Primary Students who eat the school lunch will be provided a sack lunch. Students maybring a box lunch, if they wish. Early Years and Primary Students who do not usually order school lunch may reserve one in advance for 28 RMB. Parents may order the special lunch for 40RMB. Please see the attached lunch pre-order form for details.
- The picnic will be held outside on the soccer field and begin at 12:00 PM.
- We recommend you send a picnic mat for your child to use at the picnic.
- Early Years students may go home after the event if their parents sign them out with the classroomteacher.
- Secondary students and staff will participate by playing games with and passing out candy to the EarlyYears and Primary Years children.
- PTA and JE Coffee will sell special Halloween treats and drinks at our event.
- Parents attending the event should arrive no later than 9:00 AM to their children’s classroom.
- Classes will report to their starting point between 9:10AM and 9:15 AM.We encourage parents to attend to make sure that ALL students have the most enjoyable experience possible. In the event that it rains or there is bad weather, we will cancel the parade but hold the games under covered shelter and the picnic in the classrooms. Again, Please complete the attached lunch order form if your child does not receive school lunch and would like them to receive a special school lunch or if you would like to order a lunch box for you to eat with your child.
Here’s a look back at our 2017 Halloween Event to whet your appetite!