Personal and Social Counseling

If a student is experiencing any type of social, emotional or mental health issues, or is worried about a friend or family member they should contact their guidance counselor or any of the following SLAS Resources:

Substance Abuse and Violence Prevention Counselors

Social Workers


In addition, the following is a listing of available Resources Outside of SLAS:

Families for Depression Awareness
Self-Help and Coping Strategies for Depression
National Institute of Mental Health
Drugs and Alcohol
Alanon and Alateen
Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays

In the event of an emergency, please contact the Shanghai Police Department at 112 or 911