The mission of the Shanghai Livingston American School Guidance Department is to foster an environment in which all students are encouraged to become lifelong learners. By working with the same group of individuals over a four-year period for high school and three-year period for middle school, the counselors strive to nurture the healthy development of all students, acknowledging their individual and cultural uniqueness. The counselors work proactively to develop collaborative relationships with their students, their student’s families and staff.
As advocates for their students, counselors focus on:
- Educational, college and career counseling
- Individual guidance and counseling
- Consultation with staff, families, and outside agencies
- Assessment, recommendations and referrals
- Developmental guidance curriculum and instruction